Today, I am grateful for:
- Picnics in the park with my circle of boys and how they always go out of their way to be festive.
- Water balloon fights
- Watching fireworks and still being wowed by the display of colored explosions.
- Early in the morning the day after the fourth, before the heat of the day settles in, the city is covered with a sulphery haze from the firecracker wars of the night before. It makes everything look like a photo from the 70s.
- Every memory that Facebook wanted me to share this week that I did not share.
- Hannah Gadsby's Nanette on Netflix. This is one of the smartest and most honest pieces of storytelling you could watch in this moment. Watch it. Listen to it. Don't wait. Do it now.