I don't know if it's the change in weather, vacation hangover or just being tired (see vacation hangover), but I've kind of been in a foul mood these past few days. There are some events coming up with one of the places I teach yoga that require me to be involved in group activities, the type of activities I thought I'd done away with when I left High school. These are the type of activities that make me cringe, but I'm doing them because I want that raise. So, I've been grumbly and in serious need of an attitude adjustment.
The other morning during my meditation practice, I aspired to have a better attitude. During my practice, I focused on listing things that make me happy. This seemed to work for, oh, about two hours. Today I thought it might just be better to keep a real list. Every time I did something today that made me happy, I wrote it down. Here is the list so far:
- Charity walks
- Brunch and laughter with Chris and Zelda
- Vegan cupcakes from Green Goodies
- Buying veggies from the Farmer's Market
- Planning the meals I'm going to make with the veggies purchased from the Farmer's Market
- Fresh bread and granola from the bakery (Big Sky)
- Discovering a new bookstore
- Running into good friends at an old book store
- Thinking of something the same time Chris thinks of it
- Tofu fried up fresh for me at the tofu store
- Having a beer with dinner
- Being able to use my computer again
That's the list so far. I'm going to continue adding to that list. In fact, I think I'm going to make this a daily practice. At least until the funk lifts. Which has already started to happen.